Spotlight Sports Group is a global data, content and media business for the horse racing and sports betting industries.
Prior to the acquisition, Exponent’s investment committee concluded that while the business was not a gambling business, it operated in a space where there was the opportunity to explore additional preventative measures to confront problem gambling under Exponent’s ownership.
Since the completion of the purchase of Racing Post, Exponent has been working with Spotlight’s team on responsible gambling initiatives. As a result, Spotlight has developed a 23-part responsible gambling framework to help assess how effectively the company is addressing responsible gambling in relation to employees, customers and third parties.
Spotlight’s measures have included:
- Participating in Responsible Gambling Week, running the Responsible Gambling logo and messaging across all channels and producing daily content to support the initiative
- Contributing to responsible gambling charities every year, including Gamble Aware, Problem Gambling in Ireland, Gamcare and Gamblers Anonymous
- Promoting responsible gambling with Spotlight employees, with guest speakers from responsible gambling charities and a responsible gambling discussion attended by all new joiners
- Publishing regular columns in Racing Post on responsible gambling, inviting charities and other respected organisations to contribute their views
- Racing Post becoming a founding member of Responsible Affiliates in Gambling (RAiG) in 2019, an independent body set up to help raise standards in the sector with a focus on responsible gambling
With its framework and measures - and with Exponent’s ongoing support - Spotlight Sports Group strives to keep its customers safe by ensuring its content and promotions do not induce customers to gamble beyond their means and limits.